GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sal Barry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 15:05:51 -0500
Gambia-L

While browsing the web I came across the article below at the Gamraleigh
website. A former NIA agent wrote the piece and made some powerful
allegation. I apologize to the Gamraleigh website managers for not obtaining
their permission first before posting this article to Gambia-L.

Dear Webmaster,
I write to make known some of the most dirty unknown tricks that our so
called leader Mr. Jammeh has undertaken during the course of his regime.I
hope you will owe it to the Gambian people to make this story available to
your readers so that those of them who go about shouting jammeh voices of
praise will know that jammeh is nothing but akin to Ayadema, Mobuto and the
likes.

I was an agent of the National Intelligence Agency during the transitional
period and some part of the post election period.I would not however reveal
my name at this moment due to reasons best known to me.Also, i feel i should
apologise to a lot of innocent gambians that have fallen victim of my
attrocities that i committed at the commands of my directors at NIA and who
were working under the direct orders of Yaya Jammeh.

Brothers and sisters, i was wrong and i will admit it for i thought i was
just doing my duty but i realise that i was being misled and i decided to
quit the " The squad of Rettribution".Howver , i think it is never too late
to say i am sorry, i will never do it again.With that said, brothers and
sisters, i think i will be forgiven.

Gambians, NIA during the transitional period , was very hot.Indeed , i will
use the word 'overzealous'.We were a group of young energetic boys who were
ready to maim , victimise , falsely arrest and detain with impunity and
nobody has the right to question such detention.What hot me most is that
most of these arrests , detentions and tortures were based on false
allegations.for example, back in the early days of the military government,
i was instructed together with three other boys and an Asst. Director to
pick up a high ranking Gamtel boss whose only crime was saying that the
president does not even know how to wear a tie.Of course his statments were
recorded without his knowledge when he has making such trivial statement but
i presonally do not think that such statement deserve the punishment that
Gamtel boss suffered at our hands.

Gambians, what makes that NIA sick most is the inclution on the board of
directors people who are kins of Yaya Jammeh.Such nepotism can be seen in
the appointment of Mr Abdoulie Kujabi as a Director in the NIA.

Gambians, could you believe it that the so called accident that killed
Former Finance Minister Ousman Korro Ceesay is nothing but a staged killing
done at the orders of Yaya Jammeh.This file is still languishing at the
office of the Director General of NIA.

Gambians, in time to come, i would narrate these terrible incidents one by
one and you will all be surprise that Yaya who is acting so godly that he
dresses like the biggest marabout is nothing but a wolf in sheep clothing.

Gambians, i cannot really believe that gambians can do commit such grave
offences to their fellow gambians just to please a being like Yaya .But time
coming, you will believe what i say when i narrate the chronological orders
of false arrests and detentions from the Sana and Sadibou Saga to the
Landing Sanneh and Almama Manneh false coup. Until then, I am sorry.