GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mr. O. B. Silla" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 05:18:56 EST
YUs,

I could certainly not agree more with you especially, when our Governments
are willing to pay such huge amounts of monies at the detriment of the
Primary Players of the game (Footballers).  This often results to dichotomies
between Football Players and their Organising Committees in the form of
strikes over payment of overdue and sometimes current salaries and bonuses.
This brought to mine the recent demand by Ghanian Players for an advance and
incremental pay for each game won in Gha-Ni 2000 or they threatened to
boycott games.  Hence, the imbalance in pay between (foreign) Coach-Player
proves counter-productive to the aims/purposes of the game.  Consequently,
Football Associations in Africa needs to take a critical look at this
lop-sided status-quo in a bid to put things in perspective.

Peace.

OB Silla.

"We are charged to unearth the truth about our dark past, who will thereby
contribute to the healing of a traumatised and wounded people."

ACRH-BISHOP DESMOND TUTU OF TRC OF SOUTH AFRICA.