GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdou sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 05:50:46 -0700
Saikss I agreed with your points.How can IEC organise
local government election without local government
bill that suppose to empower independent running of
local councils, ward committees and village
development committees without political
interferences.
Local governments are very important to our
development process.European development fund have
help a lot to finance the building of local democracy
concept.I think the regime fears giving more powers to
local governments.I am certain we will see more
political interference in the runing of the councils
by July 22 movement now called youth action groups.
Abdou Karim Sanneh
Manchester UK