GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:52:42 -0400
Mr. Jones & G-L Community:

I have read with great interest many of the brilliant postings,
(including your own) on the  subject regarding the need for both
continental and regional unity. The rationale for such schemes and
reservations raised have been compelling.  My concern however, is closer
to home. That is, Gambia's relation to its larger neighbor, Senegal.
Should Gambia become part of Senegal? Should we resolve this enduring
political and geographic oddity or leave it as it is? How tenable is the
current situation?  Would the use of force to integrate Gambia into
Senegal justifiable? I did like to know what you all think?  Thanks.

Abdoulaye