GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:28:06 +0000
                                                   BY AG

  The killers of Gambia's leading journalist Deyda Hydara, seems to be determined to take the life of  Ida  Jagne, a  Point Newspaper staffer, who survived the bloody incident, alongside with Nyan Jobe. This paper gathered that Ida received two anonymous phone callers, who enquired if she was still alive and vowed to deal with her if they happens to lay their hands on her. Ida, who is currently residing in Senegalese Capital Dakar, was told by the callers, in The Gambia, that they were interested to know if she was still alive, as their intention was to finish her once for all together with Point's slain editor Deyda Hydara. One of the callers was a man, and the other had a female voice, we were told by our informant.

  We gathered that attempts where made in Dakar to trace the ID'S of such callers, but up to time of piecing this write up together the callers were not traceable. But what is clear though  is that,  one of the phone numbers appeared on Ida's cell phone, while the other call came as a  a private number-meaning the caller's  ID was restricted.

  While, Ida Jagne and Nyan Jobe are not comfortable explaining what transpired on that fateful day of Deyda's murder, anxiety and worry continues to grip the survivors of the incident. We are asking the said killers in The Gambia, to please, please, please desist from carrying out their threat against Ida Jagne. We are told that MS.Jagne, is currently having sleepless nights, in view of this latest developments.

  We are compelled to ask the following questions: Why are the killers of Deyda, concerned about the well being of Ida Jagne at this hour? How do they succeeded  in getting Ida Jagne's cell phone number? I mean her cellphone number, one more time. Why do they want to deny our loved ones,  the right to live?  Who is giving them order to finish Ida Jagne?

  Fellow Gambians, and friends of The Gambia, the above questions are very essential and paramount. We all have good reasons to be scared of the said killers, who are capable of  going extra miles to demonstrate their ability to kill Gambians with impunity. The information we reported today, is credible and  was given to us by a dependable source. Please "killers"  in The Gambia, spare the life  of Ida  Jagne for God shake. She reserves the right to live.  We need a cease fire on the killing, maiming and torturing of Gambians. After all, what will you earn to kill Ida? Absolutely nothing. Give up your evil practices and adopt the culture of tolerance. We don't want to see another blood shed in The Gambia. It is enough!!!!

  Editor's note: In view of the gravity of the threat received by Ms.Jagne, we thought it imperative to publish the information we gathered. As journalists, we do not take threats lightly and will always share such information with our esteemed readers. We reported the information above in good faith, without malice or ill intention. We hope that the wild killers will understand our position and heed to our call for tolerance and the need to  nurture the rule of law. Peace....