GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:23:59 EST
Thanks Malanding for the bit on the G-L history.

I am still not clear on the issue of whether it was Katim or Anthony Webster
Loum who initiated the list, and there is no doubt that Katim also played a
major role in getting things going.  I had always assumed it was Tony, but I
could be mistaken.

At any rate, it was the birth of something neither of them envisioned, and we
are enternally grateful to them because this has become a medium not only to
keep Gambians all over the World in touch with one another, but it has also
become a beacon of hope for our countrymen and women because it has become an
outlet through which they can get news of the outside World at their
fingertips, and through which the plight of our people is made known to the
World and the people back home can have hope that their compatriots on the
outside have not forgotten them and have their interest at heart. Through
this medium, we also wage a fight for justice for our homeland in the little
way that we can.

Jabou Joh