GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:19:33 EST
Wrote that in a hurry.  Corrected version!

Beran:
I simply have a bit of a problem reconciling with your stance.

What happened to the old adage that when we see something as wrong as what is
happening in The Gambia, we see it as what is it and stand firm?

All respect to Lekbi, yourself & like minded people, but I am sorry to let
you know that for me, it is all or nothing.  The got of The Gambia is a joke
in every respect of the word and neither you nor I can change this.
Reconciliation & forgiveness will not change the fact that this regime is a
joke
and any Gambian of sound mind should be able to see this.  After all,
the records of this regime's ridiculously pathetic history in almost every
aspect of governance is available right here on the L archives for everyone
to see.  Do you deny that this claim on my part is factual?

So any Gambian that believes in high standards should realize that this
regime is not best for the country.  I am not saying that we should outright
condemn every +ve development this regime has undertaken. It is ridiculous to
take this position, but what we need to do is take everything into account;
i.e., the negative record in relation to +ves.  If we do this, you shall
realize
that this regime should not be taken seriously.

What we need is change and Beran with all due respect, I am sick and tired of
hearing the ridiculous assertion that those the criticize are not being
helpful.  This has been proven by many here as a moot point and not an
indication that we are unpatriotic.

Bottom-line is we need a complete change in regimes and no matter how you
slice, dice or twist it, this is an absolute certainty