GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 06:22:11 -0500
Comrades:

A manager who hires and fires without concern of turnover is a manager who
is gradually setting his own dismissal.  The trend of events in The Gambia
are alarming.  The dictator has lost it.  No sane person can remain in
office with this type of mentality.  Dictator yahya jemus, you are creating
a vacuum.

I hope those dismissed can come together and join the opposition because
they do not have anything to lose.  This dictator cannot disgrace you.  Why
are you afraid to speak?  What kind of employment law do we have in The
Gambia?  Is the idiot at liberty to do whatever he likes?  We may disagree,
but we are one family, and we must not let a lunatic dictate to us.

I just cannot understand the mentality of some Gambian intellectuals.  They
have sold their souls to dictator yahya.  They have been used and disgraced
beyond imagination.  The very society that they vehemently oppressed are now
looking at them.  What kind of dignity is this?  Why are they consumed with
power and prestige?  Dictator yahya has unmasked them and they left standing
alone.  Your own children are at a lost?  They are saying, " daddy, what are
you going to do now that the dictator has fired you?

Please brothers and sister show some dignity.  Are you now convinced that we
were better off under Sir Dawda that the moron of kaninlai?

Naphiyo,
Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh