GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:12:37 +0000
Folks, this is an open secret but it never bothered me and I'm not surprised
the least.  It is really unnecessary to hide behind others' issues to get to
me for I can handle a direct assault and they know that.  Here you have a
thief and murderer being harbored, yet grown ups are ready to lynch me for
talking about the criminal.  Folks, I may be slow but I see through this one
clearly and casual observers know that this is not about Ebou Jallow but a
score or two to settle and its been going on for months now.  But, I got
news for them.  Some of the piggy backing that's been going on will be
nibbed at the bud soon.

You saw the other day Banka exposed Haruna for the tribalism he (Haruna) was
brewing behind the scenes.  The sad thing is there are many Harunas in our
midst and they are exposed when they least expect it.  Just like this beef
is not about Ebou Jallow but something deep seeded, Haruna was not
interested about registration but pushing a Mandingo Superiority agenda and
its revelation was not a surprise to some of us.  It was a dedicated
Mandingo, however, who is interested in a better Gambia for all that exposed
him.  That is good citizenship in the execution.  I emphasized the ethnicity
of Banka to demonstrate that there is nothing like group sin.  Mandingos are
not responsible for what Haruna said but Haruna himself and he cannot run
away from that.  I shall deal with that at a later date.

Folks, in a struggle like ours, there are many dynamics operating
concurrently.  While some are using ethnicity to discredit others in the
same trenches, there are those that are using religion, class, friendships,
geographical origin to try to character assasinate the person next to them.
While some are running around convincing others of their suspicion of a Jola
domination agenda on my part (you know, Kukoi, Yaya...Joe Sambou), there are
Jolas running around describing me as a traitor and what they can do with my
behind.  We all know who they are and sporadically, they are exposed or they
encounter a slip of the mind.  I have heard it all, but I trash it as
rubbish each time.  This is the nature of our struggle but I will be damn if
any attempt to run me over.  That is where the buck stops.  Enough of that,
we got bigger problems to solve.

Chi jaama

Joe Sambou