GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 00:44:09 -0700
ALD events were dampened by the continuos rains during the weekend but
the symposium at Howard University was quite successful. i enjoyed Mr.
Sallah's lectures  ,views and honest approach to the problem. I hope we
take his advise and continue the dialogue between us despite our
different views and  respect the  electoral process.
Latjor had it on tape and I am sure he will share ot with the rest of
the L.
Halifa is a good orator and always bases his opinions on facts not
hearsay.
I respect his will and patience in teaching us about how to make a
change without violence and with reconciliation as we are all
interrelated.
May I remind him to keep his promise to try to get the Electoral
commission to do what they were authorized to do . give every Gambian a
chance to vote whether they are in Gambia or overseas. He quoted some
laws that I cannot recall the number that states  all Gambians in the
USA should demand to exercise their right to vote by writing or calling
the INDEPENDENT ELECTION COMMISSION 's office.
Senegal gave all it's citizens an opportunity to vote so why can't we?
Secondly Dual Citizenship was another issue that some asked him about
too
Of course april  10 & 11 events were the hottest topics.
James Gomez or Mr. Dow will do their part in officially reporting all
the ALD events .I just attended the lecture as I had two other
graduation parties to attend thus my views are limited to this only.

Tony Loum told me Halifa was in NewYork too giving another lecture at
the Gambia House for those in that area

Habib Diab Ghanim, SR