GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 02:16:48 EST

My friend Moribolong, You're a good man. Just sentimental.

"Dear Haruna," Mori

Yasum!

"My  campaign isn't going as planned." Mori.

I  am sorry. Sounds like a personal problem. John Edwards is trained on
America's campaign.

"I  spent the past four years in Iowa campaigning only to be outperformed by
that  skinny hope monger from Illinois." Mori.

Which skinny hopemonger? How do you peddle hope? Don't be so harsh  on your
competitors. That is not good for you. You should consider spending more  than
just 4 years campaigning in Iowa. Maybe that's where your problem lies. You
certainly cannot win Iowa by campaigning there less than 4 years. I think your
current frustrations bore that out.

"The rich people in the granite state refused to listen to my message."  Mori.

Maybe the rich people in the granite state don't like your message.  Wouldn't
you say?

"They think I am a filthy rich trial lawyer, who didn't give a hoot about
the issues I am harping about lately." Mori.

When you say the rich people of the granite state did not listen to your
message, you implied that they possibly did not like your message. Being rich
like them could explain the envy in their disdain. The only way a rich man gets
rich is if another is impoverished. The laws of constant energy and limited
resources support that. Now then, if they say you did not give a hoot about
issues you currently harp on about, what difference would it make if they told
you that you GAVE a hoot about those same issues you harp on about
now????????  They still will not listen to your message because you notice they said YOU
did  not give a hoot about the issues YOU harp on about NOW. They did not
share with  you that they have any responsibility in GIVING HOOTS or other. That
ought to  inform you immensely.

"They keep pointing to my voting record in the state. You know...the Iraq
AUMF, NAFTA and the China trade bills I voted for. What is wrong with them?"
Mori.

Why  are you worried that rich people point to your voting record? If I were
you, I  will speak to the poor because there are more poor people than rich
people. And  you seek actuarial advantage in campaigns. Make me your campaign
guru next time  Ousman.

"They are acting like a man can't change his mind about everything he  once
stood for and voted for." Mori.

Please focus on your message and let those rich people solve their  personal
problems.

"I  was in the senate then. Running for president mean I get to change my
modus  operandi." Mori.

You  should remind them that it is your prerogative to change your mind or
modus  operandi at any time you so desire. You know they want you to be stuck on
stupid  so they impoverish more people to get richer. You ought to wise up to
 them.

"Don't even get me started on those Nevadans." Mori.

What about those Nevadans? What did they do to you?

"Can you believe the gall of those union workers" Mori.

Yes. It is that expectant gall that I advocate for the rights and  privileges
of trades unionism. That is the culinary workers union. I regret they  didn't
endorse you. But there are other unions that endorse you I presume. Don't  be
too greedy Ousman. The fight for trade unionist quid should not be conducted
at the expectation of quo. That is not democratic life.

"I  kept talking about fighting for albeit voted against their interest in
the  senate?" Mori.

Don't confuse trade unionist rights with trade unionist special interest. I
will help you in your next campaign to make those distinctions. You see when
you say their interests, you now qualify them as lobbyists. As much as you will
 not encourage interest-peddling by pharmaceutical and insurance companies,
you  may not encourage the special interests of trades unionists. You get  it?&
Good! This democracy thing is kinda tricky. Your heart must be in it  for
due-diligence to consume you.

"They decided to vote for my opponents. What else do they want me to  say?"
Mori.

Mori, you're being too harsh on yourself. They don't really want you to  say
anything you don't want to say. Just continue to stand up for their rights.
Leave their interests to themselves. You'll be fine.

"3%...holy macaroni." Mori.

Consider yourself lucky and appreciative you got the 3%. They are under  no
obligation to give you even that. Perspectives my dear.

"But with my campaign going nowhere, I am counting on you  and your  ilk to
spread the word that we are doing just fine." Mori.

You  have to do more than count on me and my ilk. You must introduce your
word to us  for acceptance by us first. Then we will determine if our time will
be  wisely spent peddling your word for you. How do you expect to get more
votes if you defer your responsibility to others????

"Who said we have to win any state to get the nomination?"  Mori.

Well, I would suggest you develop belief in your message and wait till  the
primaries are over to begin your campaign if you do not think you have to  win
a state to be nominated.

"Just keep telling those hapless voters I am the best thing since slice
bread." Mori.

Not  so fast. How do I know you're better than sliced bread? Are you gonna
share your  ideas with us or not? If not, don't bother us. We are busy  people.

"The message might just miraculously catch on before the February 5th  super
duper since South Carolina...My home state has turn their back on  me...damn
traitors." Mori.

Relax Ousman. It appears you are conflicted between whether you need to  win
a state or not to be nominated. Call my secretary for an appointment. I'll
have some shrink-wrap for you to-go.

"Hang in there with me bud until the bitter end and don't forget to send  in
your contribution." Mori.

You  gotta be outta yur gaddamn mind if you think I'm gonna waste my time
with you  just cos you're my friend. A'Aaa! I don't wanna hear it. I love you but
I don't  love you that much.

"sincerely, John." Mori.

I  kinda knew you were sincere Ousman. I just think you should see a doctor.
If not  me, a doctor nonetheless.

A  feel for yew.
Masoud. MQJDT, Darbo. Al Mutawakkil.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Dear  Haruna,

This past Saturday, while in  Atlanta, John Edwards had a  private meeting
with Martin Luther King, III -- the  eldest son of Dr.  Martin Luther King,
Jr.

Today -- Martin Luther King Day  -- John  received a letter from Martin
Luther
King, III as a follow-up to that   meeting. You can read it below.

I hope you will take a moment to  read  this wonderful call from Dr. King's
son urging John to stay in  the race -- and  to continue fighting to
eliminate
injustice in America  today.

Like Dr.  King, John believes passionately that "injustice  anywhere is a
threat to justice  everywhere." That is why he will  continue to speak out,
without
fear or favor,  on the issue of economic  justice in America.

During tonight's  presidential debate, you could  see John doing exactly what
Martin Luther King,  III urged him to do:  framing the issues of health care
and the economy as a  struggle for  justice.

And as the other two candidates bickered over  who's right  and who's wrong,
it was John who cut through the fracas and asked,   "This kind of squabbling,
how many kids is this going to get health care?  We  have to understand this
is
not about us personally."

That's  why he will  fight on to the Democratic Convention and to the
nomination, ignoring the  pundits who want this to be little more than  a
two-candidate
race, continuing to  lead with an agenda that does "not  blur lines or
obscure
the truth."

I  hope you will continue to  stand by John as he fights for an agenda of
bold
change, economic justice  and providing a voice for those Americans that
would  otherwise be  voiceless. Your support sustains John as he campaigns
across
this   country.

In the meantime, please take a few minutes to read the  letter  below from
Martin Luther King, III that so eloquently expresses  why John is  running.

Sincerely,

--David  Bonior
National  Campaign Manager, John Edwards for President
January  21, 2008

January 20, 2008

The Honorable John R.  Edwards
410  Market Street
Suite 400
Chapel Hill, NC  27516

Dear Senator  Edwards:

It was good meeting with you  yesterday and discussing my  father's legacy.
On
the day when the  nation will honor my father, I wanted to  follow up with a
personal  note.

There has been, and will continue to  be, a lot of back and  forth in the
political arena over my father's legacy. It  is a  commentary on the breadth
and
depth of his impact that so many people   want to claim his legacy. I am
concerned that we do not blur the lines  and  obscure the truth about what he
stood
for: speaking up for justice  for those  who have no voice.

I appreciate that on the major issues  of health  care, the environment, and
the economy, you have framed the  issues for what  they are - a struggle for
justice. And, you have  almost single-handedly made  poverty an issue in this

election.

You know as well as anyone that the  37 million people  living in poverty
have
no voice in our system. They don't  have  lobbyists in Washington and they
don't get to go to lunch with members  of  Congress. Speaking up for them is
not
politically convenient. But,  it is the  right thing to do.

I am disturbed by how little attention  the topic of  economic justice has
received during this campaign. I  want to challenge all  candidates to follow
your
lead, and speak up  loudly and forcefully on the  issue of economic justice
in
America.

From our conversation yesterday,  I know this is  personal for you. I know
you
know what it means to come from  nothing.  I know you know what it means to
get the opportunities you need to   build a better life. And, I know you know
that injustice is alive and well  in  America, because millions of people
will
never get the same  opportunities you  had.

I believe that now, more than ever, we need  a leader who wakes up  every
morning with the knowledge of that  injustice in the forefront of their
minds, and
who knows that when we  commit ourselves to a cause as a nation, we  can make
major strides in  our own lifetimes. My father was not driven by an  illusory
vision of a  perfect society. He was driven by the certain knowledge  that
when
people of good faith and strong principles commit to making things   better,
we
can change hearts, we can change minds, and we can change   lives.

So, I urge you: keep going. Ignore the pundits, who think  this  is a
horserace, not a fight for justice. My dad was a fighter. As  a friend and  a
believer
in my father's words that injustice anywhere  is a threat to justice
everywhere, I say to you: keep going. Keep  fighting. My father would be
proud.

Sincerely,

Martin L.  King,  III

**************Start the year off right.   Easy ways to stay in shape.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To  unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
Web  interface

To  Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l
To contact the  List Management, please send an e-mail  to:
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

http://gambian.blogspot.com