GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:04:15 EST
My friend Suntou,

I kinow your heart is in a good place. I would like to share this wisdom
with you re. Religion. Be it Islam, Christianity, Mormonism, Adventism, Sufism,
Mouridism, or any of their permutations. I am generally of our friend Karim's
dispensation. Since religion is by faith not by sight or fact, I would like
to  advise that you stay with your chosen religion which I think is Islam and
just  try to understand that one for your own salvation. If I were you I would
not  offer any opinion or propagate others' opinions of others' religions. The
main  problem with that is that even if your own heart is clean, Munaafiqs
will seek  refuge in your genuflections of others' religions and you have no
control over  the poison those Munaafiqs may issue in your company. If I have any
good advice  for you my brother, it is to cease and desist with others'
religions. If you  look at it from the far side, what someone adopts by faith and
tradition for  salvation sakes, you should not attempt to critique, villify, or
attest to. You  probably do not want such individual to abandon his/her faith
to join you in  your faith. Whosoever abandons his/her faith for others'
faith is not  of stable character and mind. You may wish them address the mental
and character  issues first prior to joining you in your faith or they will end
up  creating further confoundment in their new faith. Your faith.

Thank you sir for listening. I know the temptation is enormous. But Allah
loves the modest and considerate.

Masoud. MQDT. Darbo. Al Khairawan.