GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 06:56:34 -0400
Brother Koli
I agree with you totally
By the way who determines who is selected or not to be in such a arbitrary list.
Like a political party only sympathizers of the authors would be recognized .
This should be done by an independent group that would be all inclusive of all
Gambians ,not only friends of Mr. Ceesay and others he just learnt about
accidentally. It is a good idea but my only advise is please Let us not alleniate
other Gambians whom we do not know or whom we may not like for either religious
or political reasons or even . To me what I term as progressive may apply to the
average village woman in Lamin (for example) who has developed her vegetable
garden to provide food and extra money for her children and family BUT does not
have the title of a doctor or does not have formal western education.
Or Even Mattar Njie whom some do not see eye to eye with at times and even
Jabang. in the religious arena.
What are the guidelines or standards for a progressive Gambian.
A simple directory in my humble opinion would suffice
Habib Diab Ghanim
Ps I am sorry if I offend anyone but this is not meant as any personal attack on
anyone but just a constructive input  nor do I have any personal agenda.
May God guide us all to do the right things.