GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:27:39 +0000
Coach, thanks for your efforts and we appreciate it.  I was speaking from
experience of showing up to many a gathering that witnessed not more than
five people, the ALD being the most recent as you alluded.  Now, I'm sure if
I called for a demonstration in Chicago for Jan. 14, the same concerns will
be raised by those that live close to NY and DC, among other remote
locations.  Being in this country, we all know that the same effort I will
use to come to NY or DC is the same effort that you'll will expend to show
up in Chicago or North Carolina (for example).  So, a demonstration could be
held at any place in this country and it will be covered.  But to think that
what a few people agree on in NY should be gobbled up by all with no input,
or else one is a performing a penmanship is irresponsible.  Besides, to me
the murder of Deyda is not an end in itself, but an extension to the
struggle against Jammeh for the past ten years.  This struggle was on before
Deyda's murder and it shall continue.  My concerns are shared by many that
are silent, who other wise would attend if consideration is given to their
situations.  Now if some of you wish to call all those giving input
performing pennmanship, they are defeating the whole purpose of why they
called for a gathering in the first place.  The reason for my input was your
first announcement stated only January 14, please correct me if I'm
mistaken.  Keep up the good work.

Chi Jaama

Joe

>From: Pasamba Jow <[log in to unmask]>