GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:52:29 +0100
From:                   [log in to unmask]
Date sent:              Wed, 5 Jan 2000 05:16:50 EST
Subject:                Re:      Re: NO Y2K PROBLEMS IN THE GAMBIA WHATSOEVER
To:                     [log in to unmask]

Folks,

I have just finished talking to The Gambia an hour ago, probably, the hitches in our phone calls may be due to busy circuits or some technical fault of some sort which is unconnected with the Millennium computer bug.  Again, this is not to infer that the call failures had nothing to do with the
Y2K bug.  Minor glitches are bound to happen here and there as expected earlier.  I work for a US$5 billion computer distribution company, nonetheless, some aspects of our systems have problems with the date roll-over from 1999-2000.  Our Catalyst System in particular is still reading 05/1/2000
thus:   05/1/1900 as I write this e-mail.  Considering the magnitude of the company's investment one would have thought this unimaginable so let us not make our country's glitches out of the ordinary.

At this point we can only be optimistic and hope for the best just as everybody else does.

Happy Eid-El-Fitr to all in advance.

OB Silla.