GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:01:36 -0000
In the recent pass, 'one of your sorces' allegedly intimated that relations
between the Gambia and Senegal may not be at their best. Well the following
seems to point to the contrary. Please read on.

Culled from the Gambia Daily.

In a message received recently at State House, President Wade of Senegal
spoke of Jammeh's clear sightedness and lucidity in the drive towards peace
in Casamance and the sub-region. The full text of the message reads:

"Mr. President and dear brother, My envoy whom you received during your
audience with Abbe Diamacoune and Sidy Badji has given me an insight, a full
and faithful account of your discussion with Diamacoune.

Your clear sightedness and lucidity in the drive towards peace in Casamance
and in our sub-region did not come as a surprise as even before assuming the
presidency in Senegal, I had already been convinced of your good will.

Since my election, we have together forged an enduring relationship.

I would therefore wish to congratulate you on my behalf, and on behalf of
the people and Government of Senegal for your assistance in bringing about
lasting peace in the Casamance.

Your name will go down in history as the African brother, the true
Pan-Africanist who played a decisive role in the solution of a fraticidal
conflict which has lasted for nearly 20 years.

I am sure that your assistance in establishing peace and preserving unity in
my country will enable me to deliver the peace that I promised the
Senegalese people.

I wish you and the brotherly people of The Gambia good health, peace and
prosperity.

Be rest assured that you will always find in me a brother and faithful
friend whom you can always count on in the best interest of our two peoples
who are united by history and a common destiny.

Kindly accept, Mr. President and dear brother, the expression of my warmest
salutations and friendship.

(Sgd) Abdoulaye Wade, President of the Republic of Senegal.

Have a nice day and bye 4Now, KB Jobe.