GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 19:44:19 -0000
Mr. Sidi:

The central issue here is NOT about the rational decision making of the
Senegalese Farmers, but TOMBONG'S insinuation of that rational decision
making by farmers in a POLITICAL context, period. Economics is all about the
STUDY of HUMAN BEHAVIOR, and how that human behavior is influenced by the
rational choice-making in regards to scares means, which have alternative
uses. And in this situation, the Senegalese Farmers are rational consumers
who take into account the OPPORTUNITY COST in their rational decision
making.

Now, with respect to the Farmers' rational choice making, what concerns some
of us on L is to what extent does PRESIDENT JAMMEH'S ECONOMIC  STRATEGY
significantly enhanced that rational decision making of the Senegalese
Farmers? To put this point more strictly, what was the chief motive behind
TOMBONG'S decision to install that quotation onto the L? Was it just
INFORMATIVE or a SHEER POLITICAL STRATEGY just to alter topic of discussion
on the L. This was my point of argument, and nothing else. In either case,
we, L members are ready to discuss any topic.

Ansumana Kujabi