GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 09:31:10 EDT
Saul,
Once again for me you have painted the real picture with a very lucid paint.
As for Mafy or Manlafy whatever, what disgusts me about him is given any chance the geezer will just turn up flaunting what he calls his "rugged individuality" and his success. Could it be that he is ignorant of the simple fact that there are more smarter, far successful and humbler people online whom young people would rather look up to as role models than a gut wrenching hypocrite obsessed with self imposed and hallucinatory tribal grievances and myths?
The hypocrisy of some people is hard to fathom. You will have to be a Freud or a Jung to square with this insurmountable hypocrisy. As you outlined to him, this geezer lives in relative security and peace in the US yet he wouldn't mind some tyrant in Africa wreak havoc on people living in already wretched conditions. I have come across many forms of condescending hypocrisy but this stands out. This is just nauseating.
I'm surprised though in Musa's question/article which rhetorically asked trend of the discourse on List which the answer is obvious. Where is the case for Jammeh? If Jammeh ever had a case he lost all of it when he ordered innocent school kids on April 10th.
No self respecting, conscientious and decent individual of noble dispositions [GORR] fantasize holding brief for a child murderer like Jammeh.
On the issue of agreeing to disagree, i'm one of the most tolerant people you would ever chance upon. But there has to be a defining line somewhere. I cannot tolerate Fascist apologists like Mafy who still continue to hold the fort for a child killer like Jammeh inspite the evidence. There is no way, even if it means betraying Liberal principles i hold dear, that i would compromise/tolerate such blatant hypocrisy and shameless insouciance of consience. Toleration like many good ideals, is hinged upon the idea that we operate under some sort of decency; live and let live. Once that is flagrantly abused, it makes no sense to stick anything that insidiouisly props to replace it. Another disappointment Musa who continues to extol Mafy as someone he can still tolerate inspite of Mafy's chauvinist braggadacio of Jammeh's murder of school kids.
Saul keep saying it even if it sucks. Truth to some sucks and it as well be! Moral relativists say the truth like everything else is relative. Perhaps for hypocrites like Mafy, truth of Jammeh's atrocities of School kids is relative and can also mean giving them more schools and hospitals. You couldn't make it up. Talk of hypocrisy and tribal chauvinism!
Hamjatta Kanteh