GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 14:40:40 +0000
Tombong, thanks for your contributions.  We all agree that the constitution
is silent on a date to transition to a new administration.  However, as
citizens, don't you think we have a right negatively of otherwise, to
insinuate contempt on the side of the government?  We as citizens, reserve
the right to question government actions as we deem necessary and do not
have to wait for the government to give us information at its leisure.  As
you also know, rumors are abound in the country and still the government is
mute on the subject.  So much for empowerment of the people.  Pa Sallah
Jeng, himself,  spoke to the print media about the run-around he encountered
just to meet with the SOS for Local Government and Lands.  I think your
statements should be direct to the government who are the servants of the
people and not the other way round.  The last time I checked we are supposed
to have a "Government of the people, by the people, and for the people".  In
short, we (the people) have a right to information whenever there is a need
for it.  We do not believe in "Lee N'goori Yaya Jammeh Lah", because he is
our servant.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou