GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:30:53 +0000
Habib, that is exactly my point.  When your back is against the wall and
your life is on the balance, you do not care about doing things the right
way.  Your first and foremost duty is to preserve your exixtence "by any
means necessary".  Malcolm X did not utter those words because blacks were
content and treated with dignity.  It was in response to an unbearable
condition, which we see today in the name of high crime (murder) rate in the
US.  People around the world now realized that they cannot depend on the
world conscience when they are oppressed.  All who know me also know my
beliefs for every individual's right to life and I would explore all
possible means to a peaceful solution to any conflict.  However, when all
possible peaceful means to a solution are exhausted and my people are killed
daily, and new borns are given no chance of survival, then, folks, I would
do anything to change my our condition.  I would care less how the world
views my response, especially with their hypocritical stance toward my
condition as an underdog for 35 years and counting.  I am not one to just
"suffer peacefully".

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou