GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:08:44 +0000
Saiks, thanks for your analysis of the failed promises of the APRC.  It is
time for the farmers to act after all their pleas have been ignored.
Farmers need to converge in Banjul and other major cities and organize
sit-ins until they are paid what's owed to them.  That is the only way they
are going to be paid.  They have the power to get paid, if only they would
do what they should - demand justice.  They voted for Jammeh and if he does
not deliver they need to get into action and take him on.  However, as long
as they are willing to play his game and accept trinkets here and there from
his henchmen, then they shall stay marginalized to infinity.  We need to
stop being passive and know that power resides with the electors and not the
elected.  You give the authorities the chance to rectify their mistakes,
however, if they willing disregard our concerns, by any means rise up and
take what's yours by any means necessary.  If you are not paid season after
season, then make sure that none gets paid, either.  That is the only way
that you are going to get paid.  The Executive, Legislature, nor the
Judiciary is looking out for your best interest, so why keep on pleading
with them year after year with nothing to so for.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou