GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Amadu Pembo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:22:20 +0000
Brothers and Sisters,
This is just for your information.
Have a nice day,
musa.

>From: "Center for the Study of Islam & Democracy (CSID)" <csid-updates>
>To: List Member <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Upcoming statement on Sept. 11
>Date: 7 Sep 2002 18:03:18 -0000
>
>Dear Friends & Colleagues:
>
>The attached statement rejecting violence and terrorism will be issued to
>the press on Monday, Sept. 9, 2002.  The anniversary of the tragic attacks
>of 9/11 will be a great opportunity for Muslims and scholars of Islam to
>denounce terrorism, and to make it clear that Islam does not condone the
>killing of innocent civilians, under any circumstances.
>
>If you wish to add your name, please send me an e-mail at
>[log in to unmask] ASAP (but no later than noon Monday 9
>September).
>
>With warm greetings and salaam.
>

>Radwan A. Masmoudi
>Executive Director
>CSID
>www.islam-democracy.org
>Tel. 202-251-3036

>Below is a statement rejecting violence and terrorism, especially in the
>name of Islam.  It will be issued on Sept. 11, 2002, and has been signed by
>many prominent American Muslims, and Muslims and scholars of Islam from all
>over the world.

>**
>
>September 11, 2002
>

>STATEMENT REJECTING TERRORISM
>

>As American Muslims and scholars of Islam, we wish to restate our
>conviction that peace and justice constitute the basic principles of the
>Muslim faith.  We wish again to state unequivocally that neither the
>al-Qaeda organization nor Usama bin Laden represents Islam or reflects
>Muslim beliefs and practice. Rather, groups like al-Qaeda have misused and
>abused Islam in order to fit their own radical and indeed anti-Islamic
>agenda.  Usama bin Laden and al-Qaeda's actions are criminal, misguided and
>counter to the true teachings of Islam.  We call on people of all faiths
>not to judge Islam by the actions of a few.
>
>We believe in justice and peace for both Israelis and Palestinians. We are
>convinced that security for Israel can only be achieved by justice for
>Palestinians.  Today, a modicum of justice requires the establishment of an
>independent Palestinian state through the exercise of Palestinian
>self-determination.  We believe that the continued occupation of
>Palestinian territories, and Israel's repeated disregard of international
>law, have made life in the occupied territories unbearable.  We say most
>clearly, however, that the killing of innocent civilians, whether
>Christian, Muslim, or Jewish, is always wrong and is forbidden in Islamic
>law and ethics.  Illegitimate means can never be justified by a desirable
>or noble goal.
>
>On this first anniversary of the tragedy of September 11, we call on all
>people of conscience to denounce violence and to work peacefully for the
>creation of a better world.  We also urge our government leaders to work
> [...]

Al-salaamu alaykum wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu (Peace be upon you,
and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings).

With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
Da’wah is to convey the message with wisdom and with good words. We should
give the noble and positive message of Islam. We should try to emphasize
more commonalities and explain the difference without getting into
theological arguments and without claiming the superiority of one position
over the other. There is a great interest among the people to know about
Islam and we should do our best to give the right message.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous
Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May
Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .
We ask Allaah the Most High, the All-Powerful, to teach us that which will
benefit us, and to benefit us by that which we learn. May Allaah Subhanahu
Wa Ta'ala grant blessings and peace to our Prophet Muhammad and his family
and
companions..Amen.