GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:02:23 EST
Though I have not been on Gambia-L but for a few months, my opinion is that
the Independent has it all wrong.  For one, the impression that the paper
gives is that the web is a bastion for moral values where people neither fuss
or fight.  This is far from the truth, and the L, like any community or
population, has it's share of disagreements and fights. Furthermore, the
great information that I have been privy to since joining this site, has
greatly outweighed the occasional bad language and insults that have been
used in some articles.  The L has also given me the wonderful opportunity to
contact long lost friends and family.

For the above reasons, I believe that a paragraph or two surely is not enough
to describe the Gambia-L.  The Independent should give a more balanced
picture of what transpires in this community, and not a one sided piece that
describes the negative aspects of our online community.