GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"EssaHBSCode241." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:55:25 -0800
"Any thing we say here shall be truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth save us O! God!"

Recommendations and pertinent questions to start with.

We are please urging the setting up of a commission of enquiry to be composed of Gambian Parliamentarians,lawyers,accountants(private),businessmen(independent of any manipulation from Yaya Jammeh) and so on.

If and when formed we do also call upon these people to revisit every aspect regarding the current gvt's past and present activities ranging from the general to specific.

For now we recommend that they probe into the following area:

The former continent Bank's archives......
Who owned and managed account number 11704 until when the bank was declared bankrupt? How elections were being sponsored for all parties,particularly the APRC?
What role people like Murad Bayzid played in that regard on behalf of the incumbent party? What role Abdoulie Kujabi played in the same vein?
Let any would be commission follow traces leading to the above mentioned account number from all corners of the world.
Let the same commission find out what happened to the records of the defunct bank and then trace its links with the state house or other affiliates.

We do also recommend that the current commission under justice Paul puts in place an e-adress or some communication line that can allow officials who served under Jammeh from 1994 to date and are currently abroad(on exile for fear of persecution caused by difference in political opinion etc) to be questioned directly without let or hindrance.There is no need to blindly and in a cold way pack the files by cooking stories upon others when they cannot defend themselves directly in Banjul.
Some people are abroad and they are very much interested in facing a commission of enquiry as soon as feasible.If there is any person who should genuinely fear facing a commission of enquiry it cannot be anyone else but Yaya Jammeh himself.

He is hereby (openly in all honesty!!!) being asked to join the ring of those being grilled by Paul and co on any e-adress. E-conference exists therefore certainly a commission of enquiry via the internet could as well start under Jammeh. We know that he is a man who always wants to do exceptional things and take the credit,so starting an e-commission would be a good thing for his political history if he is that genuine.

At any time the Yaya gvt starts spreading false stories on present and former officials they cannot grab in Banjul and kill, those affected would then have the moral and legal authority react to those stories in a way that Yahya himself would be so surprised to see in the news!

 Once everything about the current gvt has been revealed in public and all of us who served within that system are either washed or dirtied by our deeds then next this regime should apologise for any wrong and leave the stage. There is no shame in making mistakes and then apologising before being pardoned or whipped by law.Apologies in my book do not come without the wrong being identified and then used as a lesson thus avoid repetetion in the future. If all those who were there are to go to jail (on different terms) in a fair way. Many of us here are ready to sleep in a cell for having wronged Gambia but not when Yaya says he is not corrupt!

See you when the wind blows again.