GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 17:38:26 +0200
Friends,
today I stumbled over  some old notes back to my first tour in The Gambia in
the 70'ties, and one notewas how we were partying both in Sukuta and   the
disco "Djendula" close to those days Wadner Beach Hotel (today "Laguna
Hotel") I can see that one favorite was Jimmy Cliff, and suddenly my
thoughts were running back to some of those 25 years old Jimmy Cliff songs.
Do you remember this one?

"Stand up and fight back
You got nothing to lose
Stand up and fight back
You got nothing to lose
You got nothing to lose, to lose, to lose, to lose, to lose
You got nothing to lose, to lose, to lose, to lose, to lose

Oneness is a reality
Suppressed be evil mentality
Your heart yearns for love
And your mind cries for peace and happiness

Ever since generations they been saying it will change
It will change, it will change, it will change, it will change
But it never seems to change
No matter how high the price you pay
They´re gonna say you´re wrong anyway
People like a malignant cancer
Oh how they shun the truth

No matter what the people say
Never, never, never run away
You´re the youth, you´re the change, you´re the new
You´re the one to free yourself

Stand up and fight back
You got nothing to lose
Stand up and fight back
You got nothing to lose
You got nothing to lose, to lose, to lose, to lose, to lose
You got nothing to lose, to lose, to lose, to lose, to lose"

From Asbjørn Nordam