GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 02:05:38 +0100
NADD MILITANTS FORUM
NADD Headquarters, Churchill's Town

Dear Sir/Madam,        23rd February 2006

See addressees list.

NADD MILITANTS' RALLY IN BRIKAMA - Saturday 4TH March 2006

The Republic of the Gambia belongs to all Gambians in which each and every citizen has the right and a duty to participate in the promotion of democracy, development and unity of our country. It is in this regard that the supporters of the opposition parties, which have constituted themselves into NADD, have formed what we call, 'The Militants Forum of NADD.' Our objective is to strengthen the unity and power of NADD in order to enable it to achieve its mission.

We recognize the honourable decision that the leaders of the constituting parties have taken in coming together and signing the MOU; however we are of the opinion that NADD does not belong to these leaders anymore than it belongs to us. We are the foot soldiers and the frontliners upon whom the strength and future of NADD rests.

We are very concerned about the turn of events recently and for which reason we are involved in serious engagements with all stakeholders in order to find a patriotic solution to the problems. We hold that the circumstances and reasons that prompted the creation of NADD still remain valid and real, and we are very certain that it will be very difficult to end tyranny and self-perpetuating rule in the Gambia unless all the opposition parties are united into one entity.

While we are also awaiting for the NADD Executive to identify a flag bearer which we envisage will contribute greatly to settling many of the vibrations taking place in and outside of NADD, we the militants wish to continue to organize and mobilize the people in order to provide proper information and direction that will make them remain steadfast and committed to NADD and change in the Gambia.

In this regard we wish to inform you a rally we have proposed to hold in Brikama on Saturday 4th March 2006 at 3pm at the Brikama Praying grounds. As past of the rally, we will also engage in fundraising activities in Brikama.

We are cordially inviting you as an Executive member of NADD to make a statement to the people in order to promote the objectives of NADD and the Gambia.

We wish to assure you that the militants of NADD will continue to give you and NADD their unflinching support and encouragement as long as you continue to remain in NADD and promote the aspirations of the vast majority of Gambians.

In the Service of the Gambia,

NADD Militants Forum

Addressees:

  1.. Mrs. Amie Sillah