GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:56:16 +0100
Soffie and the rest

Please note that this ceremony was all staged managed.

These delegates must have gone there after receiving
orders from ranks within APRC's Hierarachy. If you
could recall in August 1996, Yahya's decision to take
part in politics was all stage managed; Chief Bakary
Santang Bojang led a delegation from Western Division
to the State House to advise Jammeh about forming a
political party. Judging from that ceremony, it
appears Yahya was giving people the impression that
Elders of Western Division had asked him to take part
in politics, when in reality it was all staged
managed.
 Once again Yahya is back on his politics of deceit
using Council of Elders to seek nomination. I am a bit
worried about those who administer APRC secretariat,
how could some body be nominated without approval of
their National Executive Committee. Says it all about
APRC,  it is one man party. Life after Yahya would
mean the end for APRC. Coming back to this nomination
exercise, he must have authorised his henchmen to
persuade the so called council of elders of Western
Division to begin the nomination exercise.

This self styled nomination as was seen in August 1996
originates from Nigeria when the Five political
parties uninamously nominated Abacha as Presidential
Candidate. Unfortunately for these 5 political
parties, their wishes were never fulfil since Abacha
died before the elections and as a result these 5
political parties confined to history. Our Council of
Elders should note that what goes around will come
around. If these Council of Elders were sincere
Gambians why did n't petition Yahya about the
Indemnity Amendment Act?

Soffie

Lets leave these Council of Elders to continue in
their politics of self-destruction. During the Jawara
era, we saw people who were playing same style of
politics but where are them today? .

Only time will tell for these bogus Councils

Have a wonderful day

Sanusi

--- Ceesay Soffie <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > I
do not know the others in that delegation, but I

=== message truncated ===