GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
george sarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:20:28 -0400
Gassa,
  Take it from me, I have no scruples none whatsover when it comes to you
reporting positive developments in OUR country. Note the emphasis. The
Gambia belongs to all of us. What I expect from you, however, is to report
nothing but developments that do EXIST. More importantly, I expect you to
speak out- with the same vigor - the short-comings of your young and
inexperienced government, particularly in regards to human rights issues.
If you continue to ignore those critical issues, I'm afraid it wouldn't be
long before you realise how misplaced your royalties are. Please get your
priorities in order before things blow up right in your face. I know this
may sound a bit corky but I am willing to bet (nothing) that Jammeh could
have been a better leader(just maybe) if only you people quit the doggone
praise-singing and give the young man some sound advice. Did you ever think
of that, Gassa? Anyways, bottom-line for me is you DON'T call the massacre
of 13 young children, children as you as THREE years old a "mistake of a
young and inexperienced government". When a government is responsible for
the massacre of children as young as THREE years, they forfeit the right
to govern, period.

Have a good day