GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suntou Touray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:03:38 -0400
kabir ,as always i enjoy your inputs .the comments i made were that of
another woman i even mention her name and i also have her personal phone
number for any one willing to contacted her.
now coming to the sisters response ..also if you have read my story properly i
am only puting accross the defense of those who support the practice .
in our country not every tribe practice it . i am a fanafana by tribe but brough
up in a different communittee , i don't speak my tribal language
perfectly .what i am coming at is ,if you as non-initiated woman trys to stand
against the practice it will be initiated women who would actually against you
not men .also the tribal divide will come into play .the issue is not just about
my stupid comment ,i am olny trying to revive the discussion .but in every
thing that a human wants to defend he/she will find a case to argue. this is
natural. sister i take no offense ,men look for sex .true ,women offer it .also
true. if there is no demand there would be no supply ,but also if there is no
market the buyer /seller relationship will not exist .
the libido aspect is strong case for the pros -.now you as a woman have a
duty to in any limited way discusse the harmful effects of the practice .as a
man i can only wish you well.
one thing though ,our attitude to what we dislike create more barrier than our
words. only last month i was trying my best to disway an accountant friend of
mine who was insistence on sending her two daughters to be circumscissed
but she too  have her reasons. among them sister is C L E A N L I N E S S .
PLEASE DON'T RUBBISH ME ,WE LIVE IN A DIVERSE WORLD. some parts it is
women that marry men and other places it women that practice polyandry
(having more than one husband.) i don't directly support what i say only
putting accross what some say is their reasons. thank you.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい