GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:46:30 +0100
Every body, who is anybody was shocked by the government's handling of the
student masacre of april last year. what is important is not to sit down and
play the old Gambian tradition of what ever happens is caused by God.The
Gambia survived a lot of hard times both natural and man made.The only tool
we have now at hand is to make sure that,even if the Government show no
signs of bringing the criminals to court,we
should be able to respect and honour those students who became the first
victims of Gambia's democratic transition.How should we pay
our respect to these heroes of our beloved country?
We cannot bring them back, but could all stage a protest on the day they
were slaughterd.The opposition parties should call on their supporters
country wide, to join a united front by marching towards the parliament
building and on each and every spot where a hero lay
death.

This is a protest plan and if necessary this day should bring the end
of the tyranny.I guess some of you would think that this is a crazy
suggestion, however am not suggesting the impossible.If any one of you
have a better plan, please inform the L-users.Since the bandits who
commited these horrible crime against their own people, merit more to the
Government  than the future professors, lawyers, engineers, we should as
matter of duty to the country, honour these young souls to whom we said
farewell to on the 10-12 of april last year.
Failling to bring their importance to the knowledge of the entire
world would make us, each and every Gambian, guilty of the crime commited.
Am not sure of the number of young people killed, but am sure of the reason
why the were killed. They died in bright day light, because they want
justice for their fellow students, they died because they
believed in the rule of law for all mankind.They died because they believed
that rape and torture cannot and should not be tolerated in
a decent and a humane society.
I owed them, you owed them and the entire country owed them a national day
of mourning, and if we the Gambians want them to rest in peace,
then we must continue the struggle against this armed hooligans on a
frenzie.There is no perfect day for the replacing of these idotic and
maniac people than April 10-12.

If we let the government to announce april 10-12 as a national day of
mourning, we are giving Yaya another mandate to carry on his KANILAI
cannibalism. He would use that day to say sorry on behalf of the
government,to make him and his cronies look like the other sisde of the
coin. On the other hand, if the opposition parties protest along
side one another, it is sign of solidarity and winning ticket in the
november general elections. A chance to bring the criminals to justice.

Kebba sanneh
Sweden