GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 15:38:28 -0000
KB,

Another great one! On Yaya's status pre-1994, please ask around for people
who worked with the buffoon in the Gendarmes, or at Jawara's State House. My
friend (who was with him there) swears to me that by the time he left for
the US in '91, he couldn't simply keep track of how much money Yaya owed
him. He said, Yaya was the only person among the Security personnel at State
House who "harbitually" goes around "borrowing" money for cigarettes, etc.
He said the guy was such a joke that when he misses work, everyone knows it.
So, if such a character is bragging about his "avion," and unnatural wealth
less than five years after hijacking our nation, you don't need to be a
rocket scientist to figure what's going on! I red the actual newspaper, and
it has the picture of the female teacher in a white Kalla, and Yaya in his
super-Waramba handing her the money. I feel sorry for her, because she tried
to pull "a Yaya Jammeh" on the kids, and they happen to be a step ahead of
her. It all starts at the top...

Saul.

Last night I came across a very funny piece in Gambian newspapers. There was
a report stating that a school teacher was attacked by her students because
apparently the lady was given ten Dalasis by Yaya and the lady decided to
keep the five thousand to herself (as a personal gift from Yaya) and give
the school the other five thousand.