GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 10:57:46 +0100
Mr Jobe

Thanks for admitting that your version of Almamy
Touray's entry to parliamentary politics was untrue. I
feel relieved that we are now in agreement on that
issue.

Now Mr Jobe I have taken the task of going through
your previous emails and to be honest with you I
consider some of them insulting to the intelligence of
those on the "l"
Take a look at the following statement you made;

(1)"on the arrest and detentions especially of the UDP
1Militants, it is entirely of their making. Their
vulgar pronouncements and incitements of their own
making" Reference-JOBE AND THE TRUTH

Mr Jobe, this is a serious allegation, never in my
lifetime would I have expected an educated man of your
type to come up with such silly defence. Let it be
known to you that if this is the type of statement you
could deduce that then surely you treating members of
Gambia  "L" with contempt. Mr Jobe you know for a fact
that UDP supporters were arrested and tortured for
only being members of the opposition and nothing else.
It is sad that you could therefore say that it is
entirely in their making. Are you telling me that it
is a crime to belong to/support UDP? Should NIA
continue to harass members of the opposition?

Mr Jobe I still feel flabbergasted by your statement.
If you could recall please do, the likes of Yusupha
Cham  Shingle Nyassi, Wassa Janneh, Mrs Sarjo
Kunjang,Dembo Arab Sanneh and others were arrested and
taken to NIA headquarters for questioning following
which they were severely tortured. Even the Attorney
Chambers issued a statement to that effect condemning
the behaviour of the NIA personnel

Mr Jobe These UDP Supporters committed no crime to
warrant such brutal treatment. Moreover, are you
endorsing the government through its security agents
to constantly arrest and torture its opponents? By
your statement it seems you have no sympathy for s UDP
supporters  be arrested whenever they make
controversial statements against APRC. No sensible
person should therefore  make such statement as it
endorses APRC's brutality towards its Gambian people.
Moreover, these UDP supporters were merely exercising
their civil rights, so why should they be arrested and
tortured? ?

(2)Ebou Colly
  " ....I failed to read your part 3 earlier on. While
reading it I could not help crying. That we have
Gambians in our midst capable of such heinous deeds is
beyond me"Reference-COUP IN THE GAMBIA-THREE

Mr Jobe compare this with the following

".On the alleged cold-blooded murder of some members
of our security forces the only tangible explanations
given so far have been the official version and Ebou
Colly's recent report. Now the question is which
version is true? Why has Ebou Colly's version
surfacing almost 6 years later? Could any of you have
imagined that the picture he painted about this
fateful day and the following day could have really
taken place in the Gambia of all places"

Mr Jobe here again I am confused, at one moment you
feel sadden and then in another moment you decide to
ask the following question

"Now the question is which one is true?"

 Mr Jobe,The current Government will never give you an
accurate version on this incident. Judging by their
record, take a look at how they tried to deceive
people on the APRIL10/11 Students Massacre. Was Isatou
Njie Saidy not trying to blame students and their
"supporters" for the shooting? See Government's Press
Statement following the incident.

Mr Jobe you don't need to be more convince than what
has been revealed by Ebou Colly, Jambarr, and the
Kartong 3- during their Treason Trial of 1997/1998.
With regards to the Trial of the Kartong 3,you will be
surprised to know that the last days of their trial
had to be held in-camera because of the sensitive
information which one of them was about to adduce
evidence on how the likes of Lt Barrow and others were
executed.

Mr Jobe, in view of what I just stated above, we
should dismiss the Government's version on the
November 11 as untrue and rely on the testimony of
Ebou Colly which has been corroborated by Jambarr's
revelations posted on www.gambianet.com/voiceout in
1999.

 Well Mr Jobe, this is the  first part, hope to
continue with other information to prove that you
sometimes treat this forum with contempt.

TO BE CONTINUED

Have a wonderful day

Sanusi

)

--- Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > Sanusi,
you wrote:

> "I personally think that Mr Jobe is using this forum
> with contempt, coming
> here saying all nice things about APRC, but when
> asked simple questions he
> resorts to his deception tactics. If you remember
> this man tried to express
> his sadness over the brutal murder of Lt Barrow and
> others-November 11.
> Within 2 days this man tried to change his sense of
> grief by claiming why
> Ebou Colly should wait until 6 years before spilling
> the beans on the
> November 11 incident".
>
> Sanusi, to be very honest, what evidence do you have
> that I treat this forum
> with contempt? When Did I resort to deception? Where
> did I imply that, I
> changed my sence of grief because Ebou Colly waited
> for 6 years before
> spilling the beans?
>
> For the sake of clarity, what I did was to question
> the sincerity of his
> naration based on the the timing of his revelation
> and the fact that he was
> a victim of this regime and he is vehemently opposed
> to the regime. In his
> part4 of coupe in The Gambia, he clearly and
> concisely gave explainations
> that I hadn't known before. Having read this, I
> offered my unreserved
> apologies for throwing doubt on his version of the
> November 11 tragedy.
>
> I await your answers to the above questions.
>
> You later wrote:
>
> "Mr Jobe
>
> It would be dishonest for me to make any allegations
> against you without substantiating it. I am quite
> occupied with other issues so a  proper reply will
> come sooner than later.
>
> However,Mr Jobe did I not ask you to verify your
> facts
> on Almamy Touray's entry into parliamentary
> politics.
> There you neither responded to counter my facts nor
> did you acknowledge that your facts about Almamy
> Touray were untrue".
>
> You are right that I did not respond to the above
> question of the entry of
> Almamy Touray into politics in 1992. The fact of the
> matter is that (1) I
> have been rather busy debating others and (2) the
> issue of Almamy Touray's
> expulsion or resignation was assuming less
> importance to me compared to the
> callous remarks attributed to Lamin Waa Juwara on
> the current gender
> sensitization going on in the country. Any way for
> the record I admit that
> when I said that Almamy Touray was once returned
> unopposed as an independent
> that is not true. I have verified this with other
> people who pointed out
> that your version of his entry into politics was the
> correct one.
>
> You then wrote:
>
> "Mr Jobe If you have replied to me on this topic as
> you
> [...]
=== message truncated ===