GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Gai-Baldeh, M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 01:39:12 EST
Malafy Jarju,
I really do agree with you on some of the points raised about the Gambia -
however I don't think we should employ the kind of language you used to
address Mr. Coly. Gambians are known the world over for tact and I believe
you are able to communicate your feelings without hurting someone else's.
All of us have different levels of achievements and it's by those standards
that we differ or should differ in the way we interact as a society. I am of
the feeling that those us who consider ourselves at the peak of achievements
have indeed failed for reasons that we lack the patience to bring along those
who could not get there for no fault of theirs

With regard to politics in the Gambia, you are one of the few folks who dare
say that Yaya jammeh stepped into politics to rescue us from the evils of
corruption, poverty, etc., etc., etc. Malafy, you, a friend, or relative may
have been
rescued from the allegations leveled against the previous government but I am
not rescued nor are the majority of Gambians.  In fact by all statistics, the
Gambia is two fold worst of today than it has ever been during jawara's
regime.
I will be more than willing you to give you the source of my facts if you
will make the request.
Question
1. Could you tell me one viable priority project (recurrent or development)
that the current government accomplished or inherited to completion?
2. what is Yaya's defense to the oil deal?
3 If transparency was really practices of the preachers, why couldn't Yaya
allow an audit into the oil allegation.
 Thank you, it was nice to read your email to Gambia l
 Regards,
Gai Baldeh, M
 .