GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 11:07:46 EST
In a message dated 11/3/00 7:13:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> You are not telling the truth when you imply that I have
> blindly supported Imam Fatty in the past and only now come back to criticize
> him with recent incidents. I do not give blind support because I am not a
> stupid person.

Jabou this doesn't mean that you are a stupid person but it goes to question
the very core of your credibility that you would speak against injustice and
human rights abuses anywhere around the world.
If you supported at any time Imam Fatty's pulpit bullying of Ahmadis then
your credibility is tarnished by your religious biasses against a group
of people who happened to believe in and organize themselves without
bothering you in any shape or form.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander? You either have to
disapprove
of human rights abuses everywhere in the world irrespective of who is been
tormented.Ahmadis have a large following amongst the Gambian people, who
like fatty are entitled to their rights to associate. If you at any time
supported
this extremist view of intolerance due to whatever reason, your championing
of the rights of oppressed people is a questionable one.

Regards,
ousman