GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"EssaHBSCode241." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:13:10 -0800
Yaya Jammeh is being given a deadline ie April 29th 2005 to stop arresting and detaining people thru out the territory of The Gambia without forwarding tangible and legal reasons.
Amnesty International and other organisations have been contacted for future and necessary actions to be taken against Yaya thru the due process of law and other means at our disposal.
This message has been dessiminated to all media houses and other outlets.We will not be surprised if it is published in The Gambia.That indeed does not mean this will become a simple rhetoric or anything similar to past warnings Yaya has been receiving. ACTIONS WILL BE TAKEN AND YAYA HAS BEEN WARNED TO RESPECT THE LIVES OF PEOPLE FROM THIS HOUR.No Gambian should take this as a joke or a simple passing commentary.
Nothing more will be said about this release until the date stated in it passes.

From concerned Gambians Living abroad.

Author:
Essa Bokarr Sey.