GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:33:54 -0500
Kejau, you raised a very important issue about the armed forces and the
‘time-bomb’ that Yaya put there.  Talking from experience on this List,
don’t be surprised if people ignore the BASIC problem (Yaya surrounding
himself with Jolas and victimizing people from other tribes) and instead
pounce on you for MERELY calling it as it is.  What you said is true.  But
nowadays, people will NOT fault you for lies; instead, they will fault you
for telling the truth so long as it is unpalatable to their boss (Yaya).
Just thought I warn you.

I am a bit preoccupied, otherwise I would have said more on this topic.  But
rest assured that if need be, I will further comments on this very sad state
of affairs.  Since November 11, 1994 many soldiers in the country have been
summarily executed simply because they are NOT Jolas and they are perceived
as ‘threats’.
KB