GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 18:55:28 -0500
While I'm STILL waiting on someone to bring me up to speed in terms of WHAT
was achieved at the ALD gathering, I nonetheless refuse to put blames on
the organizers notably Latjor and James, for whether we like it or not, minor setbacks( or screw-ups) are bound to happen when dealing with
gambians period. Saul did named a few and I therefore will not dwell on
things you people already know all too well about ourselves. It ain't easy
being a gambian. My disappointment came when UDP announced their
cancellation and decided not to attend on a late notice. I understand they
try to give us good reasons for not attending the events , but I for one
still cry foul because it killed my spirit to realize that once again
another opportunity in our quest to form a united apposition wasted. So in
fairness and in the interest of moving forward to more pressing issues, I
wish we can all refrain from blaming eachother while "the stooges of
denial" ,as Comrade Conteh would say, are having the last laughs. Dictator
Jemus, please let our people GO! ALD organizers, hang in there and continue
your relentless pursuit in building a better Gambia. It ain't E-Z guys.
                                                 Mr Makaveli.

PS: If you ask me who to blame, I'll easily point to none other than the
SOLE culprit, Jemus Yahya Jammeh who STILL continue to make us all confused
and miserable. If it wasn't for him, the need for forming a united
opposition would have never become an issue. Stop blaming eachother!!