GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:19:16 +0000
Mr. Manneh,

Please allow me to disagree with your erronious conclusion highlighted
below.

You Wrote:
I have concluded that the L has failed and urge all you guys including
Camara and Jaiteh to kindly subscribe to the Post if not already done.
We will all learn from each other while agreeing to disagree.

I think what is happening is that like minds attract each other.  If you
have a group whose only agenda is subversive propaganda, it is therefore
folly for anyone with opposing views to be taken seriously,   particularly
when one dares to point out positive achievements being attempted by those
they view as unfit and evil.

The emergence of the post is indeed a positive step towards options, meaning
that someone like me with dual membership NOW have the opportunity to see
views from different ends,  and morever perpetuate my disbelief of the
assertion that one has to be either for or against in this debate  inorder
to be taken seriously.

The SILENT MAJORITY is only interested in FACTS and will applaud any group
with significant and progressive information regarding the GAMBIA regardless
of wether it is the APRC, UDP, PDOIS, ANTI JAMMEH or any party for that
matter.

My observation of the L since the introduction of the post is that the
overwhelming majority of the archives where mostly anti APRC postings.

Likewise, the POST will not be  interesting if opposing views are not
present.  In other words both postings have a majority which in this case
the anti Jammeh are increasingly present in the POST, and I would say that
what has remained of the L is still the SILENT MAJORITY including PRO APRC
supporters who have gained exactly what they wanted which is silencing the
medium often times seen as a medium for subversive propaganda against the
APRC government.

Unless some people refrain from using profanity to make their points and
spare any medium the horrible inclusion of personalising issues, this trend
will continue especially when it does not require a rocket scientist to
easily build a medium similar to G-L or the POST for that matter given the
advancement of technology these days.

In closing, I think  that presently ,the G_L is a much renowned medium
compared to POST.   However, given the incredible potential and rewards of
publicity, I would not be suprised if the POST  possibly surpasses the
Gambia L in the near future.

Best Regards,

Ablie Njie- Lekbi
Atlanta