GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
salomon jawara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 02:35:40 +0100
Francis:

Grateful thoughts. I think to subdue an adversary as on the Gambia-L  against the Gambia government is not providing any positive contribution to the problems that the ordinary Gambian  people are  confronted with.  I am not a politician and have less concern about politics. One thing i am acquainted with on the Gambia-L is,  the monotonous tone of ideas. I would have liked to see a well balanced debate dealing with dexterous issues. Like-wise some of the inapproriate language that is frequently expressed. It is indeed not a suitable manner to communicate ideas or feelings by utilizing hard language.

Francis, as you mentioned, there are gross human rights abuses that take place on a daily basis in the West sometimes even worst than in Africa or Asia. I used to live in the US and now living in Scandinavia, but more or less; i do think human rights abuse is a distinctive outfit worn by every government.  There are so many points i would like to bring up, but i guess i have to restrain myself.

Thanks for sharing!

SS.Jawara
Sweden.