GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SANNEH K SAMUEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:26:50 +0200
With all respect, I think it is time for some of our islam leaders to stand
forth and teach the rights of the quran and the monothesim that it preaches.
It is nothing but suicide. The Marabout or the magician simply commited
suicide. I belief his son or who ever burried him must be apprehended and
brought to justice. Our brand of Islam in that part of Africa is not
working. We need to redefine who we are as a people. Where were we before
Islam and now that Islam is here who are we as a people. We must start to be
Islamic in all means or be followers of our fore-fathers who are described
as pagans and animists. These two forms of beliefs could and will not be
blended. God Almighty would not accept anyone in his garden who associated
him (Allah ) to anyone other being. We have had this kinds of madness ever
since. We see people spending all their lives worshiping people like Serigne
Bamba and so on. These people are and were only human beings . They have no
other power than the power you and I and any other human being posseses.
Muhammed the prophet of Islam could not predict the end of the world when
asked by Gibreil. He conceded that the one asking that question about when
the world would end perhaps knew the day and the he could not tell. Are we
suggesting that this so call Marbout could tell when he would pass onto the
other side?These practices must stop and must stop now. These so call
Marabouts cannot even safe themselves on the day of judgement let alone
their so call blind followers. God Almighty is the olny saviour. There is
only two ways to decribe this sad and yet unfortunate event. Suicide or
murder. Period. The police must look into this matter.
Nyanchor