GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:48:49 EST
Ebrima,
As always, you look so deep in to things. Some might not agree with you, but
your vision could not be underestimated. I know I do enjoy reading them, I
just wish I could think like that before you do.
All that Jammeh is doing now has been predicted when he came to power and
when he announced that he was contesting for the Presidency, some of us on
the L. wrote a letter to all the oppositions to withdraw. And yes we were
seen and viewed as "outsiders who are ignorant of the situations on the
ground," but all that we feared has been happening. I challenge the
oppositions once again, to make their love for the Gambia known by NOT
CONTESTING AGAINST THIS TYRANT. Then and only then will we know that they are
not trying to legalize Jammeh. They have to be ready to make a statement so
LOUDDDDDDD that the whole world will hear.
My ideas might be radical, but I will be more than willing to listen to any
different ideas that would not be another umbrella for Jammeh. This guy
deserves no respect from a genuine human being and to all those oppositions
who are contributing to legalizing Jmmeh, I say they are equally guilty as he
is. If they are not, let them go to the Gambians and tell them that they felt
that having a Parliament that enacts no law, but only adheres to is not worth
serving. And again, let them not tell me that they have laws when only one
person can run the whole State worst than a household. If they are
"Politicians" who have the best intentions of the Country, let them take
another route. I bet if Jammeh has no one to contest against him in the
elections, he will exit to Cassamance through Kanilai.
Excuse my language, but to hell with anyone who thinks that Yaya with all
what he has done will loose an election. He must be damn foolish and I can
tell you that he is not. He is the most calculative person among his
political rivals. And to those I might offend, I OWE YOU NOT.

Ousman Bojang.