GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dawda Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 03:45:16 EST
Hi Mr. Karl,

Unfortunately, I can't elaborate much on the questions. However, to shed
a little light for you, is that the poems are socio-economic-
politico-religion.
Poetry is very difficult, and it causes headaches to ponder on. It is also
very
sad that I haven't any chance to explain the poems, but I study them as if
they
are from someoneelse's poetry. I think you'll know that; "you can even
unsterstand
from the poetry, stuff I didn't see, or mean. It's a horizon. Meanwhile, I may
if the time permits; shed more light and you'll know more about the poetry.
Excuse me for the moment, and just know that my love is for the Gambians,

and humanity in general. And never, will I ever endorse any "BAD JOB" not from
even my dearest ones. I know what bad faith leads to--- which is criminal,
respectively, and moreso, to your country the poeple's will. Indeed, is a
pity.

Actually, I am struggling to finish before the end of November,
for other priorities. Meanwhile, I am dashed into war of thoughts to end up.
Be 100% assured that my full heart laments for Gambians and Africans
especially, hence; I am trying to educate and remind, us, about the realities
of the world ingeneral as the poems demomstrate talking about even the
gogs and magogs.

Last, but not the least is my concern about how to, or be practical in
this Gambia's or Africa's multi- cultural farm with those who want to work
and those who don't, the educated and the uneducated and all others----
be it help or constrain. Imagine, you're the mediator for Israel or Palestine,
it will be practically very difficult to resolve the crisis alone, or if  the
other parties
aren't opt for reconciliation, despite all the tools for peace are present. I
hope
this analogy helps alittle. This seemingly depicts the situation in our
countries
which require high class tactics and inexhausible skills. In any case,
I alway pray to ALLAH, also; not to ever let us alone, while we bring peace
and
tranquility to the Gambia, Africa, and to all, by all, for all.

Your question is valuable and thanks for the compliments,too.
I hope this answer helps you alittle.
With all my love and respect, thanks and "be patient til the last."
"Julius Caeser",

Dawda Kabba, Jallow