GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:39:39 EST

"Haruna,
First, please accept my heart felt condolences for the loss  of your mom.
May she rest in perfect peace." Mo.

Thank you Mr. sanyang. I did not know Ya Bigay very well because I was  not
born when my father (PBUH) was married to her. I did speak with her on  several
occasions and of course Aji was one of my favourite sisters. Ya Bigay  was
vibrant, progressive, and full of energy. She has always been jovial with me
and you could feel the energy flowing through her. I only regret that I did not
know her more. Much obliged.

"I  concede that I did assume your opposition to Obama based on your
comments,  because you didn't state that explicitly." Mo.

OK.  I understood the impression I innured. For fair, I did not explicitly
state my  unequivocal support for John Edwards, but from my commentary, you
would have  been right to be excited at my support for him were you to have been
excited.

"On  the issue of the VP position, I think you got it backwards. VP in Gambia
is more  ceremonial than in the US." Mo.

Mo,  what this indicates then is that, like in Gambia, the US Vice President
is  ceremonial. I apologise then for accruing more import to the vice prez of
Gambia.

"Remember how Gerald Ford became president?" Mo.

Yes  I do.

"and how Cheney took charge during the short period (long enough for him  to
have decided to attack Iran though :-) that GWB was in surgery?"  Mo.

In  the case of Cheney and indeed Gerald Ford, there was no momentous
decision  straying from the status quo that was taken by either. Ford furthered the
party  program. Cheney furthered the party program and acted as agent for W.
Considering that you admire Obama for his potential to yield change, break away
 from the insiduous status quo ante, and to promote substantive policy that
will  positively affect the lives of his supporters and America, you must agree
with  me then that VP is not the appropriate position for him. The pittance
of  historical Vice Presidents further consolidates the idea that it is a
dead-end  job.

"The VP is the backup prez and leader (and tie breaker) of the Senate."  Mo.

All  in furtherance of party politics. Hamstrung.

"So, like the prez, the VP position requires someone with impeccable
judgment and is more than just ceremonial." Mo.

For  ever more brief and uneventful decision-making. The impeccable judgement
 suppressed. Ceremonial fango baa laa kono all the time.

"Lets see what happens tomorrow." Mo.

Mo,  I want to share with you my pride for our own Mori (Ousman Ceesay). The
gentleman that he is, and living with honourable conscience, called me from
Missori where he helps to get Obama elected. He is an inspiration to us all
and those who wish to associate themselves with Obama, for whatever  reason. It
is trailblazing for all those of our coleagues who share stories  with us
about how PDOIS saved them, to return the favour and fly back to  campaign and
vote for PDOIS at election time. We, Gambians, generally lack the  completion
umf for conscience. We are good story-tellers. We have severe  shortcoming in
fulfilments and circumstance.

Like I did for John Edwards, Ousman is travelling the length and breadth  of
America to lend support to Obama. Because my candidate John Edwards has
withdrawn prior to the nomination, we have been refunded our part of the
contribution that was earmarked for campaigning post-super-tuesday. I here and  now
pledge that amount, on the behalf of Ousman, to the Obama and Clinton  campaigns
to be equally equally shared, for their respective campaigns
post-super-tuesday. I encourage Ousman to get in touch with me in order to  transfer those
funds through him to the Obama campaign. I will consult with the  Clinton
campaign likewise.

Part of the Mission of The Global Democracy Project
_http://thegdp.wordpress.com/_ (http://thegdp.wordpress.com/)  is  to support efforts of political
parties in our ROP to realize the maximum  votes due them by their estranged and
disenfranchised supporters. I encourage  you Mo to come grow with us at The
GDP. Remmember, it doesn't matter if you  are APRC, UDP, NRP, or NADD to take
advantage of this program once it is  established.

"BTW: How come Edwards did not endorse before Super Tuesday?"  Mo.

It  was agreed that an endorsement by John Edwards, of either Hillary or
Obama,  prior to super tuesday, will unduly affect the democratic outcome of
electoral  choice. And both Obama and Hillary have promised to carry John Edwards'
message,  our message, to the White House. It was tempting, but circumspect
required  the ever so demure attitude.

"Is  he unclear about who to endorse?" Mo.

No.  The endorsement by John Edwards will have been an endorsement by a  good
number of his supporters. Myself included. John Edwards is aware of  his
fiduciary responsibility in that regard. He is the consummate custodian of  my
support.

"Having been on the campaign trail and competing with both remaining
candidates, I expected that he would be familiar enough with thier postions to  know
exactly who to endorse/help?" Mo.

And  he is Mo. No haste necessary in endorsements. You have not however
shared with  us who you would like John Edwards to endorse were he to have made
that decision  today. I assure you that your wishes, with due-diligent
reflection, will be  taken into advisement.

"best," Modou

Thanx Mo. Best wishes from this end too. I must say that I have become
enamored with you during this brief period of your company and consideration.  Just
don't get any funny ideas. I love you men.

Masoud. MQJGDT. Darbo. Al Mutawakkil.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
My friend  Modu,

Its good to hear you and I welcome the opportunity to share  thoughts with
you, Mori, Bailo, Jengfann, Mr. Jobarteh, and our  coleagues who may also be
perplexed as to my submissions vis-a-vis  Obama. I will use your querries to
better yield  clarity.

"Haruna, I am curious to know what specific reasons you have for  opposing
Obama." Modou.

Modou, I think it only seems I am  opposing Obama because I am not
exuberantly in support of Obama as  President. I do not think I have shared
that  I
oppose Obama but I  understand why the absence of zealous affirmation could
yield
this  mis-understanding especially amid garrulous chorus of the  opposite. I
wish to assure you that I do not oppose Obama. On the contrary, I am   proud
of
and support Obama.

"Your post below suggests that you do not  even think that he qualifies  for
VP (even though he has more support  than Edwards)." Modou.

I  understand how you could come to that  understanding because I understand
in  Africa, and specifically in  Gambia, the post of vice president is viewed
be  second only to the  president in terms of power and influence. The vice
presidency in the  United States is more ceremonial and honorary than in
Africa
or  Gambia, and I thought Obama is more valuable as a secretary of state than

Vice President, and that the position of Sect. of State will afford Obama
the
requisite proving ground to become President next. The history of  vice
presidents becoming Presidents of America bears this  out.

"Care to share specifics about why you think he should be prez or VP  in
spite of the fact that he put together the largest grassroots  movement in
recent
history!?" Modou.

Modou, I think you  intended to say  "why you think he should NOT be prez or
VP". I have  already shared why I think  Hillary should be President of
America
at  this time as compared to the  formidable Obama. I have also shared why I
do
not wish Obama to become VP of  America at this time. This does not of
course
mean to say that Obama should not  be President or Vice  President of
America.
I'm sure you will also agree with me  Modou that  no one campaigns to become
VP.

"best," Modou.

Thank you Modou.  I am delighted to be in your company and would you
participate here  more often. Otherwise the PDOIS-heads and Obama-heads will
run
amock.  Preciate you. Did you hear Move-On.org endorses Obama? This is indeed
 good
news for Obama and I commend Move-On.org for their foresight.

Masoud.  MQJGDT. Darbo. I mourn the passing of my Mom Ya Bigay Cham. You
notice  the PDOIS folk are emulsifying themselves in Obama's fortunes so they
can
identify themselves with his popular support. I'm on to you Jengfann. Look
from  within to accrue sympathy. Not from without. Al Mu'Umin. God  bless you

Modou.

Haruna Darbo  wrote: They were both  in  exceptional
form and spirit. They explained their various
proposals  with more clarity, and they have given notice that they will  not

crumble when confronted by either McCain or Romney. They  will both carry
John
Edwards' message to the white  house.

My new ticket  is:

Clinton-Edwards
Obama - Sect. of  State
Gore, Biden, Dodd, -  Department Secretaries and UN   Ambassador
Bill Clinton - Ambassador at  large
Richardson - Back to  Governor of New   Mexico

Its a great day  in  America.

**************Start the year off right.   Easy ways  to stay in shape.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To   unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
Web  interface
at:  http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html

To  Search in the  Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l
To contact  the  List Management, please send an e-mail   to:
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To   unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
Web  interface
at:  http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html

To  Search in the  Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l
To contact  the  List Management, please send an e-mail   to:
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

**************Biggest  Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003000000
025