GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdou sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 01:14:05 -0700
People don't know but Yahya Jammeh is richer than the
state.He onces told the people that even his grand
children will never be poor again.He has used the
state in lot of his criminalities ranging from arm and
drug trade,blood diamond, crude oil etc.During the
transition period most of the contracts which the
government undertake are not officially tender either
through the major or minor tender board.How comes all
road construction and building of schools was given to
CSC and Amadou Samba.I am certain that Yahya Jammeh
and Baba Jobe are in business with CSC and Amadou
Samba.All the trucks being hired by these companies
belongs to them.
Where did Baba Jobe who was poor like a church mouse
before July 1994 got the money to operate a money shop
in Kairaba Avenue and the manage of millennium
airline?Jammeh is not only a president but a
businessman.He is into hotel business( sinola camp and
Kairaba beach) media business,transportation, foreign
exchange dealings etc.
Having known Yahya Jammeh since 1986 during our days
as MOJAG members ,I can belief how dishonest people
can turn into with the influence of power.It was
myself, Edrisa Jobe(NIA who arrested Dumo) and modou
Lamin Sanyang who introduced Yahya Jammeh into
MOJAG.During those days we form cells and the focus of
our discussions always centred on how to build a
society free from capitalism .But history have proof
me wrong.Today my mates are our country's biggest
capitalist while the masses are engulf in poverty.
My problems with APRC government is clear.I will never
subscribe dictatorial rule.I feel the regime is a
replica or a carbon copy of PPP.Jammeh is more a
problem to our nation than a solution.He is a
criminal, corrupt, tribalistic and brutal leader that
have never came into the history of our nation.It is
only history that will proof to us.I will never join
his ranks even he change our streets to look like
diamond.
Abdou Karim Sanneh
Manchester UK