GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:57:43 -0400
Toure, thanks once again for your contributions. I am also grateful you
brought to my attention the issue about me calling Yaya a murderer. I must
have missed that post or else I would have also responded to that. You are
spot on in your analogy with Pinochet and Milesovic. The NAZI war criminals
also come to mind. Herman Goering was NOT the one operating the 'Gas
Chambers'. I do NOT know who made the observation that I was accusing Yaya
unjustifiably, but I would like to challenge that person to show me where I
called Yaya a murderer unjustifiably. You (Toure) are right to counsel
whoever that person is, about what constitutes murder. It is NOT just the
people that pull the trigger that are convicted of murder. Sometimes the
people that hire someone else to kill for them, suffer a more serious fate
in the eyes of the law.

Yaya is a murderer by virtue of the role he played in the massacre of our
children. He is the very one that ordered the slaughter of our children. But
for his orders none of the children would be dead. Yaya himself does not
deny that. He ordered that the 'Mortuary' be filled if the children decide
to demonstrate against his government. His attempts to cover this matter up
also goes to prove that he did it. Now, did I make such a categorical
statement about Yaya regarding the death of Koro Ceesay and Sadibou Hydara?
Yaya might have played active roles in those murders. But as of now I am not
yet well-placed to make such statements about those matters. On the
contrary, I have in the past made statements about Koro's death that showed
that Yaya was out of the country and perhaps did not know what Singhateh and
Yankuba Touray were up to. Again, I take what I write here very seriously.
Even some one as evil as Yaya, I do NOT lie about him. People that have
challenged me in the past to prove my allegations about Yaya always end up
eating their own garbage.

Thanks again Toure.
KB