GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2006 01:31:09 +0100
                                  UDP/NRP POISED TO WIN KOMBO EAST-Editor Mathew Jallow sound voters views!!
        BY Associate Editor Mathew K Jallow
  Reliable sources have intimated to us that the UND/NRP candidate for the National Assembly seat of the late Kebba M Touray, is poised to win the Kombo East By-elections. Mr. Momodou Lamin Darboe, the UND/NRP alliance candidate, a former school teacher, who resigned his job at the urging for the people of Kombo East, is said to have a commanding presence that draws very large crowds to his party's meetings throughout the constituency.

  Editor Mathew Jallow says his sources forcast that the
  UDP candidate will win the by lections- We wait and see.
  Our source informed us that the APRC candidate on the other hand, a former chief of the district, is not well liked, and this is bound to translate poorly for the APRC on election Sunday. The APRC is recycling their unwanted and undesirables, some of whom were destituted by the Jammeh machinery before being picked up, dusted and asked to serve again. "They simply do not have good and quality people to offer themselves any longer", according our source. If you want a job and a career that you can hold on to, APRC is not the place to look for it, the people say.
  The Jammeh machinery is good at lifting you high up in the sky, but then there will be no warning when they drop you so hard, you can never recover from the pain. They are very unreliable and unpredictable at the APRC camp. Everything is a revolving door; and the only people who can enjoy stability in their lives there are Jammeh, and Jammeh and Jammeh. The APRC has tried everything in Kombo East, but it is not working. They tried bribing some influential people, they tried vote buying, they tried coersion and they tried veiled threats too, but nothing seems to be working their way, according to our source. Meanwhile, Baboucarr Demba, the UDP Chairman, has refuted as baseless claims made by Bala Jahumpa that he Demba had defected to APRC. That is just a wistful thinking, and besides, Bala Jahumpa cannot convince a chicken to vote for anything, sources say.

Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 (Archive on Tuesday, May 30, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return

          Current Rating:  5.00                        Rating:   5

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]