GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
tester testers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:12:10 -0800
HALIFA!

Canis timidus vehementius latrat quam mordet.
A timid dog barks more violently than it bites.

I am least interested to hold any political dialogue
with you and end up losing a valuable day.  It will
not get us anywhere for the most part.  Being a 6 year
veteran on this bulletin board, I have spent most of
it reading literature posted by it's members.  I've
seen a lot of plagiarism, nepotism, and all the other
isms that currently affects us "africans" at large.

When I started this discussion, I noted some of your
personal accomplishments especially in the minds of
young scholars in the 80s.  But for your benefit and
for the benefit of the people of the Gambia you so
much love,  do welcome criticism and look at some of
it as a positive feedback to your (our) struggles.

Halifa, I think what you personally need to realise,
is that you cannot change ALL people you come to
contact with.  More and more people are beginning to
have more and more freedom.  Freedom to help them
acquire self atualization.  While any form of
political ideology  may have positive rewards, the
honest truth is, THEY ALL HAVE WICKNESSES.  Whether
the wicknesses outweigh the rewards, is a question
best answered by the masses, not you Halifa, not PDOIS
either.

Your constant debates with other list members would
only degrade your image.  If you think you've lashed
your opponents, then think again.  Remember, anger is
a brief insanity.  I suggest to you to use the L for
constructive ideas that we can all benefit from.   Use
it to share your economic plans, projects, etc.  Use
it to reach out to the younger generation of today.
Use it to call out for their help, not to question
their intelligence or experience.

You have mentioned that you have no intentions of
running for president.  I found this very
contradictory.  Please decide if you want to be a
politician or a human rights activist and organize
peaceful matches, demonstrations (not riots) etc.
I think I've said enough and we're one.  I leave you
with the following though borrowed from
"Confessiones".

Our heart is anxious until it finds peace in you.

Good luck!

Essa Thomas