GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:19:17 +0200
From: c.eliba
To: Elum aniap Godfrey Ayoo ; [log in to unmask] ; Edward Mulindwa
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: Shocking Uhuru present for MUK

Netters

Only one language is understood by Museveni. For those who thought going through with and participating in the shambles of CA elections that led to instrument of oppression called the 1995 constitution, then the subsequent shameful elections and referendum are equally as guilty as the leaders of the regime. None of these approach is a language he is in his vocabulary. He understands only the barrel of the guns.

The man was very clear from the start. From his school days to last week when is was vomitting to Ugandans about security. In fact one would have thought by now he would have woken up considering the patients Ugandans have afforded him. No no no. he is even getting deeper in his ways and becoming  more desperate and dangerous.
I can understand Clinton, Bush, Clare Short, Linda Chalker calling him the 'new breed' or 'bacon of hope' for a simple reasons of protecting their respective national interests. But, I have heard words like: the dictator is the saver of the Uganda, he has turn around things in Uganda for the best, the good things he has done etc being said by Ugandans! Is it me or these people with a problem? From Tanzania, to the Luwero Bushes to the time he decreed NRA decree no.1 in January !986  even the dumbest person would have known what Uganda would get from him. The sooners other Ugandans realize that the approach they might have had upto now to change the man is a dead end.

I am proud to be in a party whose leader can see many years ahead of others. I was once told he told some Ugandans to give the dictator time and and the latter was bound to get no where. Only if those other Ugandans, especially those who claims to be sympathisers of this party, listened then, the campaign would been much easier. Instead some of them went ahead and legitimised the dictators in one form or another.

Its nearing if not yet already time to push the dictator using his same language.

Charles Eliba