GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Gai-Baldeh, M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:02:19 EDT
Tombong,
Whilst thanking you for the all the updates since the tragic events of April
10-11 in The Gambia, I must express doubt as to the legitimacy for the
continuos detention of the six students mentioned in one of your postings. If
that regime dare arrest and detain school kids why is it taking you guys so
long to arrest the hooligans who opened fire on the kids. What is this regime
doing to arrest the bandits--don't let think that this investigation is one
sided nor should Gambians be fooled that this investigation would take the
same course as that of Koro Sisay and the recent fabricated coup plot leading
to the death of a senior army officer.

Listen Tombong--we were classmates in St. Augustine's (Sixth Form) and I have
always had high regards for you. Please stay away from this regime, if you
can in other to maintain your integrity. Our experience in the last six years
is by far more nasty, bloody and painful than any nation has ever experienced
not even Idi Amin was so miserable. Gambians no longer have confidence in
this government and all we ask of the regime is to STEP DOWN.

Mohammed