GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
malik kah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:01:18 +0000
Lets hope and pray that this is the beggining of the end to all forms of
undemocratic actions. The world has come to wittness Jammeh's innauguration
however that does not legitimise the continued harassment and arbritrary
tratement of of those who dissent from tye APRC.  The APRC government must
realise that oppsition is a good thing and and its tolerance is even mopre
noble. Hence we hope that the innauguration demcartes the Jammeh then and
the Jammeh now. All we Gambians want  is to live in a country were we can
express our dissent without fear or or intimidation. We are tired of the
high sounding reconcilliatory speeches that yields no positive treatement
for the people. We hope democracy in the true form of the word exist from
now on, and paranoia and and all those uncertanities exit the corridors of
the politicians psychic. Jammeh should be rest assured that he has been
mandated to rule for the next five years hence he must evoke the law at all
times and make might be a by gone. It is true tha a lot of heads of states
have wittnessed the occassion but that means nothing if the Gambians
continue to be harrassed by the NIA the day after the innauguration. Jammeh
must make the day after as genuine as he potrays to his colleagues otherwise
all this becomes meaningless. After all the money being spent to celebrate
the occassioin belongs to the Gambian people.

Wishing you all the best and hope that God will give you the guidance to
rule wisely and fairly in the intrest of all the Gambian people irrespective
of anything else.